TERM DEPOSITS (Guaranteed Investment Certificates)
Limited Period Offer
a. 18–Month Non-Registered Non-Redeemable GIC @ 1.30%* p.a. (Compounded Annually)
b. Minimum Investment CAD / USD 1000
c. To avail, contact your nearest branch *T&C Apply
We offer both redeemable and non-redeemable GICs at attractive rates..
- GICs are available both in Canadian Dollar (CAD) and US Dollar (USD).
- Our GICs offer attractive rate of interest for various maturities. Get updated with Latest Interest Rates
- Interest on the GICs is compounded annually and paid out at the end of the term.
- Non-Redeemable GICs are available for periods ranging from 6 months to 5 years. Non-Redeemable GICs may not be redeemed before maturity
- If the GIC is for a term of less than one year, simple rate of interest calculated on the entire term of the investment shall be paid.
- Redeemable GICs are available for periods ranging from 1 year to 5 years.
- Redeemable GICs - If redemption is made within 29 days of opening the redeemable GIC, No interest will be paid. Refer to redeemable GIC disclosures and Interest Rates table for complete and updated information
- Non-Redeemable GICs cannot be redeemed before the maturity date and the funds cannot be accessed before maturity.
- Non-Redeemable GICs - If the Bank permits early redemption of the non-redeemable GIC at its sole discretion for reasons of financial hardship: (i) No Interest will be paid on the non-redeemable GIC; and (ii) An administrative fee of $25.00 will be charged. This administrative fee will be deducted from the principal amount at the time of making the premature payment of the non-redeemable GIC. (Please refer to non-redeemable GIC disclosure available on our website - https://ca.statebank)
- Safety of Deposits: SBI Canada Bank is a member of CDIC. (To find out information about deposit insurance from the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation including what instruments and/or products are eligible for deposit insurance, visit their website http://www.cdic.ca/. Information on deposit insurance is also available in the CDIC brochure entitled "Protecting Your Deposits")