What is a cookie?
A cookie is either a small text file that is stored on your hard drive, or some information that is stored in memory until you close your browser. Any given website can store and read only its own cookies; it cannot read a cookie set by another website, nor can it inject information into cookies set by other websites.
What is its purpose?
A cookie helps website operators monitor usage of their websites and portals, and it also enables them to provide a secure personalized browsing experience for their users. In addition, cookies are often used on banking websites to facilitate the banking experience.
- To store session information while users are browsing our websites and portals (collectively, "Website").
- To enable more accurate reporting of site usage data, such as new visitors, unique visitors and returning visitors.
- To enable targeted content to be served on its sites or other third-party sites based on your browsing history (see privacy considerations below).
What kind of cookies do we use?
We use strictly necessary cookies to facilitate the correct navigation of the Website as well as to ensure that content loads effectively. These cookies are essential to providing the services or any features you have requested.
Marketing & social media cookies:
In addition to our own cookies on the Website, we may also use third-party cookies. These are cookies that are managed by a domain name different from SBI Canada Bank, to deliver you advertisements and content which may be relevant to you or to track your visits to certain websites, including:
- Advertising technology platforms, including those provided by Google such as Google Marketing and Google Analytics products and their features: Google AdSense, Google AdWords, DoubleClick and Customer Match data. This helps us understand how users interact with the Website, and help us understand your browsing activities so that we can measure the success of online advertising campaigns. Information captured typically includes web requests, session ID, browser types, browser languages or the date and time of the information requests. SBI Canada Bank is the ultimate controller of such ads. You can change your browser settings to manage the ads you see - please refer to Google's opt-out tool for more information, and to opt out of interest-based Google advertisements, set your preferences using Google's Ad Settings.
- From social media companies, including Facebook/Meta, LinkedIn and Twitter, to track engagement with our content and visits to our Website in order to serve you and people with similar profiles with targeted messages, and to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks.
Cookies and your privacy
SBI Canada Bank will not collect, use, or disclose personal information such as the name, address, or IP address of individuals visiting its website. No cookie set by SBI Canada Bank on your web browser will contain information that could jeopardize bank secrecy or enable unrelated third parties to gather information about you. You can learn more about how we use your personal data in our Privacy Statement.
A cookie cannot read data from elsewhere on your computer. A cookie could store your personal information only if you had first entered it into a webform and then the operators of the website chose to store it as part of the cookie.
A website cannot read cookies set by other websites. However, websites can include content, such as banner images, from third-party sites that set their own cookies, including the marketing and social media cookies described above. Subsequently, other sites that you visit that include content from the same third-party site may be customized based on your previous browsing history. In this manner, it may appear as though these sites have read your cookies, but it is really because of the third-party cookie, and that cookie will be subject to the policies of the third-party site.
In addition to cookies on our Website, we may also use essential cookies and similar technologies such as pixel tags in some emails and push notifications. These help us to understand whether and how you have dealt with your email. If you have enabled images, cookies may be set on your computer or mobile device. Cookies will also be set if you click on any link within the email.
SBI Canada Bank recognizes its users' privacy concerns. You may choose to reject cookies either outright, or on a case-by-case basis. However, please be aware that our Website may require you to accept cookies in order to use some or all of its features.
You can change cookie settings in our Website and in your browser settings at any time, to manage consents for advertising cookies and analytics. You can also prevent advertising cookies and analytics from tracking you across websites by changing the privacy settings in your browser. If you change your cookie settings, we may still use any data collected prior to the change. Your new preferences will go into effect immediately and, if you have selected off, any non-essential cookies will be disabled.
If you wish to withdraw your consent to this Cookies Policy at any time, you should delete the cookies stored on your device via the settings and configurations on your internet browser.
You can allow, block or delete installed cookies on your computer by configuring the options of the web browser installed on your computer.
Mail: Privacy Officer
SBI Canada Bank
Suite # 1000, 10th Floor
220 Bay Street
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2W4
If you choose to contact us, any personal information included in your communications with us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Statement.
If you have already agreed to cookies and intend to manage your preferences, please click here