SBI Canada Bank is always looking for ways to expand the digital reach to our valued customers.
Download today “YONO SBI Canada” to better manage your banking needs!
Online Account Opening
If you are a new or existing customer, SBI Canada Bank has introduced a new Online Account Opening platform that provides a simpler and faster online account opening experience.
The Online Account Application platform is a convenient and secure way to open a bank account from the comfort of your home or office. Through this platform, you will be able to open Chequing, Saving, Super Saver account and avail the following benefits:
1. Zero fees on your account*
2. Earn competitive interest on your savings
3. Get a free international debit card
4. Withdraw funds for free across 3000+ exchange network ATMs and 50000+ SBI ATMs in India
5. Transfer money to India for free and benefit of preferential exchange rates
6. 24X7 Access to your account via “YONO SBI Canada” App and online banking facility
*T&C apply. Zero monthly account administration fess for initial 12 months on new accounts registered online or through YONO SBI CA app. The offer is valid from July 15, 2021 to July 31, 2022
To apply online, you will be required to fulfil the eligibility criteria and provide the required information.
The acceptable IDs for opening an account through this platform are as follows:
1. Canadian Passport
2. Indian Passport
3. US Passport
4. Canadian Driver’s License
5. Permanent Resident Card issued in Canada
6. Provincial ID Card issued in Canada
7. ID must be valid and current and shall be provided during identity verification process.
Information about ID Verification Process
a. SBI Canada Branch Visit
If you have chosen to visit the branch to verify your identity document, please visit the nearest SBI Canada Branch within 30 days of the application. To enhance your experience and avoid the waiting period, we recommend calling the branch and book an appointment before your visit.
To verify your identity, you will need to present the original photo ID declared in your online account opening application at the branch. Should you need cheques for this account, you will need to sign the signature during your branch visit.
b. Canada Post Outlet Visit
If you have chosen to verify your identity by visiting a Canada Post Outlet, please check Canada Post working hours/holidays before your visit.
You will need to present the following documents at the Canada Post Outlet within the next 14 days:
1. A printout of the Canada Post Bar Code letter emailed to you or you can also show it digitally on your mobile.
2. The valid photo ID as declared in your account opening application.
3. Proof of your Canadian residential address (a bank statement, a credit card statement, a utility bill, etc.)
Once Canada Post confirms the verification of your identity documents, you will receive an email notification when your application is accepted by the bank.
Should you need cheques for this account, you will need to sign the signature form in an SBI Canada Bank Branch.
Please refer to the FAQs page for more detailed information about Online Account Opening.
If you need further assistance or have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-866-724-2669 during business hours or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.